Corrigan’s Look Back at 2013, and Look Ahead to 2014
2013 turned out to be a very exciting year for Corrigan Moving as a whole. As the calendar year comes to a close we wanted to look back on the past years successes, while also looking forward to what we have planned for the 2014 year.
A look back at the 2013 year:
- We were awarded a variety of prestigious awards this year from a variety of noteworthy organizations. We were thrilled to be awarded United Van Lines’ 2013 President’s Quality Award, which is awarded to the top company in the United system. Another prestigious award we won was the American Moving and Storage Association’s (AMSA) Agent of the Year award. This award is given to only one moving company in the nation, regardless of van line affiliation. Our driver Eddie Clements was also awarded United’s Van Operator of the Year award, an honor he truly deserved.
- Corrigan continues to grow, and two of our offices broke ground on new and improved facilities. Our Chicago location broke ground on a new office and warehouse in Hanover Park IL. Upon completion our Chicago team will move out of their rented facility in Lombard IL and into the new facility. Our Air and Sea division also broke ground in 2013 as they began construction on an 18,000 sq. ft. expansion to their Romulus MI location.
- We were thrilled to be able to help out a variety of charities and organizations in our communities. There were many highlights from the year, but here are some of our favorites. We were again the official moving sponsor of Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley, moving families into their newly constructed homes free of charge. We organized and ran food drives in the Rochester NY area. We donated our moving services to the Education Nation book drive, helping to distribute all of the collected books. We held a company bike drive and donated the bikes to Back Alley Bikes in Detroit, as well as assisting them with transportation for their Scrap Day. We donated funds and services to ship a container of medical supplies to Kenya in support of the Kenya Relief organization. There were many other great organizations we were fortunate enough to be able to assist in 2013 as well.
- At the start of 2013 we rebranded our company with a new logo, tagline, and marketing materials. We also developed our Social Channels, creating a lot of excellent content for Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter. One of our favorite initiatives from the year was our Show Us Your Craft contest, where our followers shared with us what their personal craft was. We received some terrific responses!
- Many news outlets also reached out to Corrigan for information on the moving process. Corrigan provided them with a variety of helpful moving tips and advice to help make peoples moves go smoothly. Some of our favorites were when David Corrigan was featured on Fox 2’s Job Shop segment, when AMSA’s Direction Magazine did a company profile piece of the Corrigan organization, and when the Detroit Free Press featured David Corrigan in their Meet the Boss feature.
Looking forward to 2014:
- 2014 will mark the 85th anniversary of Corrigan Moving Systems. Founded back in 1929, the company has grown tremendously over the years yet remains a family business operating under the same code of ethics to always do the right thing. We have some very exciting plans to celebrate our 85th anniversary. Stay tuned for additional information on our celebration plans – they are coming soon!
- As a team, we are committed to continuing to improve the moving experience for our customers. We set the bar high in 2013, but we are committed to pushing it even higher. We will not rest on our past successes.
- We will continue to look for ways to simplify the moving process for our customers. In 2013 we began rolling out our Fast Track digital inventory system, and in 2014 we will finish rolling that program out to our local operations departments as well. Our interstate customers now also have access to a personal website, called MyUnited, which will help them stay organized throughout their entire relocation.
- We will continue working with our favorite charity organizations and also will look for some new organizations to get involved with as well.
We are very excited about the New Year and what it holds for Corrigan as a whole. We encourage you to follow along, and to pass on any feedback or questions you may have. From the entire Corrigan team, we want to wish you a happy New Year. Let’s make 2014 the best year ever.
Comments are closed.