Winter Fun in Rochester, NY
However, when you’re wondering if all you can do is huddle in front of your fireplace or binge-watch Netflix all winter, take heart. Rochester is full of things to do.
Here’s our list of 10 top winter activities in the Rochester area this winter.
- Spend a day at the Rochester Public Market (280 North Union Street Rochester, NY 14609). This one-of-a-kind open-air marketplace is home to an abundance of wintertime goodies, holiday treats, and fun activities for the entire family. The Market is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. year-round (except Thanksgiving Day), and Saturdays from 5:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Be sure to check the website for a list of nearly 50 admission-free event days.
- If you don’t fancy spending a day bundled up against the cold, spend a day at the Rochester Museum and Science Center. For more than 100 years the Center has offered hundreds of exciting, hands-on exhibits for children of all ages. The Strasenburgh Planetarium hosts shows throughout the day where you can dazzle at the state-of-the-art projector, and even take in big-screen movies and laser light shows.
- For the more artistically-minded, check out The Little. This one-of-a-kind theater gem hosts everything from retro movies to concerts by local (and national) musical artists. The Little Cafe, with seating for 70, has live music five nights a week, serving seasonal American cuisine.
- Get up off the couch and get fit at Rochester’s Total Sports Experience. With instructional programs for youth and league sports (including soccer, lacrosse, basketball, baseball, softball, and more), you and your family can stay fit even during the coldest months of the year.
- Take heart, golfers! The Avid Indoor Golf and Fitness Center invites you to shave a few strokes off your game while old man winter does his worst. Get your golf game on year-round at this state-of-the-art golf center, featuring 3D golf simulators. Relax in the bar and grill afterward, where you can meet other golf aficionados.
- How do a beer, wine, and a music store all in one sound to you? Be sure to check out the Record Archive, where you’ll find CDs, vinyl, and a happy hour with live music. With unique gifts and toys, vintage clothing, t-shirts, souvenirs, and a massive library of movies, the Record Archive is sure to become a favorite of yours this winter.
- For a quiet experience, be sure to visit the Image City Photography Gallery. In the heart of the Arts district, this gallery offers a unique collection of photographs and exhibits throughout the year.
- Check out a concert at Rochester University’s Eastman School of Music. With an impressive lineup of some of the world’s top musicians, the School is home to concerts throughout the year.
- If you’ve ever wanted to write a memoir, stop by Writers & Books, where you can take a class to perfect your writing or attend a book or poetry reading. Writers & Books hosts courses for youth and adults, and be sure to check the website for an up-to-date schedule.
- The Blackfriars Theater hosts an annual soiree and a regular season of plays both dramatic and comedic. If you like improv, you’ll love their lineup of irreverent sketch comedy.
A Rochester, NY Winter
Don’t let the weather deter you! There are plenty of things to keep you busy in Rochester, NY in the winter.
Are you managing a Rochester, NY move this winter? Let Corrigan Moving Systems help you tackle a winter move. Contact us for a quote today.
Comments are closed.