Relocating to Ohio? Tips for Winter Fun in the Cleveland, OH Area
Are you moving and settling into the Cleveland, OH area? As longtime residents know, the Buckeye State has a lot to offer. During the long, dark, cold months of winter, there’s no reason to spend months indoors waiting for spring to arrive. Ohio has a lot for you and your family to do during the winter months.
Top 8 Winter Activities in the Cleveland Area:
- Are you missing the hills or maybe just want some exciting winter action? Head on over to Cleveland’s Metroparks Mill Stream Run Reservation. You’ll find a 700-foot toboggan ice chute where riders over 42 inches tall can thrill at speeds up to 50 miles per hour careening down the icy slope. No snow is required on this hill as the chutes are refrigerated.
- Hit the slopes at Boston Mills/Brandywine Ski Resort. Whether you’re a skier or want to ride an inner tube while you bounce and slide your way to a winter’s bliss, Boston Mills/Brandywine is the place for you. Be sure to check the schedule, though, as Mother Nature may not necessarily cooperate by giving you snow.
- Check out the ice skating at University Circle. Located in Cleveland, The Rink at Wade Oval boasts one of the most beautiful (and picturesque) public spaces with fire pits, holiday greenery, and seasonal decorations. Rink season runs from Thanksgiving through early March, and admission is inexpensive ($2 admission, $3 rental skates, with students saving $1 off each).
- Cross-country ski at Lake Metro Parks. It’s considered to be one of the world’s best aerobic exercises. Cross-country skiing offers the experience of being on a pair of skis without breaking your neck on the slopes. With groomed and ungroomed trails, and ski rentals available, there’s no better time than the winter to get outdoors and get some healthy (and fun) exercise.
- Strap on a pair of snowshoes and go for a walk. Is skiing not your thing? Consider going for a walk instead. The Holden Arboretum offers classes in snowshoeing to adults and children. Once you’ve mastered the art of snowshoeing, be sure to check out Lorain Country Metro Parks with acres of unspoiled land for you to explore with your snowshoes.
- Go sledding. Cuyoga County has dozens of places for you to take your sled and enjoy an outing with your family and friends. Cleveland Metroparks has dozens of hills to slide down.
- Take the kids to an indoor play center. Acres of Fun in Wooster offers roller skating, laser tag, and indoor children’s play areas. There’s no better way to help the kids burn off their excess energy than by letting them enjoy mini golf, go-carts, or in the Acres of Fun Play Zone.
- Spend a day at Cleveland’s Great Lakes Science Center. Your kids can learn to make a tornado in a jar or even get some hands-on time exploring space in the NASA Glenn Visitor Center. With exhibits, a state-of-the-art theater, and plenty of camps, events, and programs year-round, the Great Lakes Science Center is sure to become a family favorite.
Get Out and Enjoy
Bundle up, keep warm, and enjoy winter in the Buckeye State! If you are on the move to the Cleveland area, we can assist. Contact us for a quote today.
Comments are closed.