A Look at Corrigan in 2012 and What’s Ahead For 2013
This past year proved to be successful in many ways for the Corrigan Moving Systems team. Now that we’ve entered a new year, it seems like a good time to look back on some of our accomplishments during 2012, as well as look forward to what we have planned in 2013.
Let’s take a look at Corrigan’s 2012 achievements:
- We were honored with 10 quality awards at the UniGroup Annual Convention. The UniGroup Convention is an annual van lines meeting that brings together all of the United and Mayflower agents and recognizes the top operations with Customer Choice (Quality), Performance Excellence (Loss Prevention) and Fleet Safety (Safe Driving) awards. We were given more awards than any other United agent in the nation and were also the only agent to win more than one award in all three categories. We are very proud of our team members and these awards are a testament to their dedication and hard work.
- In February, our Do-It-Yourself portable container division received recognition for the outstanding work they do. At the annual shareholders meeting, we were presented with the United Container Dealer of the Year award for 2011, the highest award agents can receive. We were also awarded the United Container Dealer of the Quarter award for the first quarter of 2012.
- Our Grand Rapids, Michigan, location celebrated its 20-year anniversary.
- Our most unique move of the year occurred when we moved the University of Michigan’s Ruthven Museum of Zoology’s Wet Collection into its new building in Ann Arbor, Michigan. This project was quite unique – it involved moving jars of preserved animal specimens. We moved more than 200,000 jars and tanks over a seven-month period with all kinds of specimens, including birds, fish, mollusks, reptiles and mammals. Our crews had to complete HazMat training before the move to learn how to properly handle a spill from a dropped jar. The move was a huge success, and the whole project was an interesting and unique experience.
- We were actively involved with numerous charities throughout the year, including Habitat for Humanity, the Pirate Toy Foundation and several others.
Now, what can you expect from Corrigan in 2013? Here’s what we’re working on:
- We just rolled out a new Corrigan brand image.
- We’re reinvigorating our social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, this blog and, later in the year, on Twitter.
- We will begin transitioning to a digital inventory system called the Fast Track inventory system. With Fast Track, our crews can use a tablet to complete the household furniture inventory. The digital inventory speeds up the inventory process, eliminates the need for customers to sign multiple pages of inventory, allows our customers to receive a digital copy of their inventory (preventing them from having to hold on to a paper copy while they are moving), provides much more legible inventories and improves the accuracy of the check off process.
- Corrigan Academy, our ongoing internal training program, will be formally rolled out to our employees. The Academy includes several different training methods, including monthly department meetings, quarterly enrichment exercises, a new internal communications program and a more rigorous onboarding process. This allows us to share knowledge throughout our organization and ensure our employees are continually learning about new ways to best service our customers.
- We’ll continue our work with nonprofits while looking for ways to work with new charities. We are creating a more robust yearlong charitable giving program to support multiple organizations throughout the year.
There are plenty of other good things to come for our team and our customers in 2013. We encourage you to follow along, and please pass on any feedback and questions you may have. You can comment here on our blog, on our social media channels or reach us directly at 1-800-267-7442 or through our website.
Comments are closed.